Lorentzen Graduates in Top Ten

Rebekah+Lorentzen

Durant Yearbook

Rebekah Lorentzen

Jennifer Dages, Editor-in-Chief

Rebekah Lorentzen, a senior at Durant High School, is in this year’s graduating class. Lorentzen boasts an impressive 6.94 GPA.

Throughout her high school career at Durant, Lorentzen has participated in many clubs and activities, and she has maintained leadership positions in several of these clubs. As a member of the student council, Lorentzen has served as secretary, Vice President of Community Service, and Historian. During her senior year, Lorentzen took a step back from her leadership roles on council as she was appointed President of National Honor Society (NHS), after serving as NHS Historian the previous year. Lorentzen is also this year’s Social Media Coordinator of National English Honor Society (NEHS), a member of Spanish National Honor Society (SNHS), and a member of Students All Connected (SAC).

Lorentzen is also a valuable asset on the field. She has been on Durant’s varsity lacrosse team for the past four years, serving as team captain for the past two years. She is also currently the Editor in Chief of the Durant yearbook, and she has served the yearbook staff as Business Editor in prior years.

Outside of Durant, Lorentzen is also very active in her church, New Hope United Methodist Church, where she is currently a youth leader and regular volunteer. With her church, Lorentzen has gone on mission trips to the Dominican Republic for the past six years.

Lorentzen is also a prolific dancer. She has been a dancer at Judy’s Dance Academy for the past sixteen years and now volunteers her free time to teach dance classes for young children.

Lorentzen plans to attend University of Florida in the fall. She is planning on majoring in Health Sciences with a specialization in Physical Therapy. She plans to obtain a doctorate in Physical Therapy and eventually open her own practice.