Durant High School Journalism

• Yearbooks are out May 3rd! Pick up or buy at lunch!

• Class of 2019 Graduation is May 23

• Senior Breakfast is May 20 at DHS

Big Hit’s new entertainment group is “TXT”

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rodnasha Williams, Photo Editor & Staff Writer

Big Hit Entertainment is a company that created the most successful, worldwide music group BTS. Big Hit announced a new boy band on January 10, called “TXT.” Big Hit shared an introductory film to the act.

TXT stands for “Tomorrow X Together”, but Big Hit tells Billboard to read it as “Tomorrow by Together,” as it is written in Korean. The first introduction film, titled “What do you do?”, introduces the first member, Yeonjun, in TXT. At the end of the video, it goes blank and shows a Morse code that fans quickly decoded to translate into “Dreaming.”

Shortly after the introductory film, terms like “Yeonjun,” “BigHit” and the hashtag #TOMORROW_X_TOGETHER began trending, worldwide on Twitter. TXT is Big Hit’s second group after six years since Billboard 200 chart-toppers BTS got their start in 2013. Big Hit has yet to announce TXT’s debut date or the amount of members in its lineup but that doesn’t stop billboard to reach out for further details.

Big Hit Entertainment states: “Tomorrow X Together is a bright and youthful boyband where each member is different from one another, shinning in their own way to create a synergy. Just as how their name suggests, the different members have all come together under one dream in hopes of building a new tomorrow.”

The company also described Yeonjun as a “19-year-old member with outstanding dancing skills.” Big Hit tells billboard that he is the eldest in the group. The company also tells billboard that the name signifies how the act has “all come together under one dream in hopes of building a new tomorrow.”

Since Yeonjun was revealed as the first member of TXT, Big Hit shared teaser videos and imagery for Soobin and Hueningkai over the past few weeks. Each member has been introduced with his own distinct setting and sonic backdrop with their short intro videos all titled “What do you do?” featuring bright rock and roll, EDM and pop. All members are teens.

According to Big Hit Entertainment, Soobin is 18 and the leader of the group, while Hueningkai is 16 years old. Big Hit has gained a lot of attention for weaving a creative storyline throughout BTS career, and already TXT is promising to feature a similarly intriguing narrative, one who dreams are likely to play a key factor.

Already there have been multiple references to dreams in the lead-up to the group’s launch, including Morse code at the end of each intro video spelling out “Dreaming.” It’s unknown whether the idea of dreams has to do with the group’s first single or album title, but it is a bit of a throwback; BTS debuted with the song “No More Dream” in June 2013.

It’s unknown when TXT’s first song will be released because Big Hit has only revealed some of the members and other tidbits, so it is unknown when they’ll put out their first release, but anticipation is high.

About the Writer

Rodnasha Williams is a sophomore at Durant High School and is Photo Editor and Staff Writer for the PawPrint newspaper. When she is not taking pictures...