Durant High School Journalism

• Class of 2019 Graduation is May 23

• Senior Breakfast is May 20 at DHS

• Senior Exams will be held May 16 & 17

New ‘Harry Potter’ ride set to open at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure

Back to Article
Back to Article

Aneesa Anderson, Photo Team & Staff Writer

Universal Orlando is introducing a brand-new roller coaster to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The ride will be located in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and is replacing the Dragon Challenge roller coaster that was torn down in late 2017.

Eager fans have been anxiously waiting for Universal to release more information about the supposedly “magical” new coaster and on Oct. 1 they were finally able to learn some more about it. Though the ride’s name has yet to be released, Universal dropped the first official promo art for the new coaster.

The artwork pictures the tracks of the ride weaving in between the trees of what fans think could be the Forbidden Forest. According to the Theme Park Insider, the coaster will likely contain multiple indoor elements as well as a drop track.

Though the attraction is still in the works, fans can walk by the construction site and get an idea of what the ride will entail. Hypable’s Stefanie Lis wrote “I walked by the construction site in August and can tell you that the amount of land this ride takes up is massive.”

The attraction has been in the works since early 2017 and is expected to be finished in early 2019.

About the Writer

Aneesa Anderson is a senior at Durant High School and a PawPrint Newspaper staffer. She is on the Photo Team for the PawPrint, and is also a Staff Writer....