Durant High School Journalism

• Class of 2019 Graduation is May 23

• Senior Breakfast is May 20 at DHS

• Senior Exams will be held May 16 & 17

BTS closes out their U.S. tour with a record-breaking performance at New York’s Citi-Field

New York Times

Aneesa Anderson, Photo Team & Staff Writer

BTS fans from across the country flocked to the Citi Field in New York City this past weekend to watch the wildly famous K-pop group’s final performance in the North American leg of their ‘Love Yourself’ tour.

Tickets for the show went on sale on Aug. 17 and were sold out in under 15 minutes. A groundbreaking 55,000 of BTS’ ARMY filled the famous stadium on the night of Oct. 6, making BTS the first Korean group to perform and sell out a U.S. stadium show.

Fans of the group were at the field preparing for the show all throughout this past week. According to Billboard, around 1,500 fans camped out in the Citi Field parking lot beginning as early as this previous Monday.

After the concert kicked off with the band performing their song ‘Idol’, the group spoke to the fans, expressing their gratitude for ARMY’s support and their excitement for getting to perform at Citi Field. RM, the leader of BTS, ended the brief greeting by asking fans to be mindful of each other during the concert for safety.

The band gave a revolutionary show, performing their newer songs from their ‘Love Yourself: Answer’ album as well as some of their older hits.

The ARMY expressed their enthusiasm for the band by singing along and waving their ARMY bombs, which are the official light sticks used by BTS fans at any concert or performance that BTS does.

The group spoke to the fans in English for the majority of the show, but Jimin and Suga spoke briefly in Korean at the end, sincerely thanking their fans.

The band was set to perform in London on Oct. 9, commencing the European leg of their world tour.

About the Writer

Aneesa Anderson is a senior at Durant High School and a PawPrint Newspaper staffer. She is on the Photo Team for the PawPrint, and is also a Staff Writer....