Durant High School Journalism

• Senior ad deadline extended to this Friday! Visit room 451 for more info

• Attendance incentive for 12/7. Don't miss more than 4 days!

• Swim moves on to City Relays on 10/23. Good luck swimmers!

PRETTYMUCH brings their show to Tampa

Gunnar has fans swaying as he performs his song Ocean Blue.

Angelique Robinson

Angelique Robinson

Angelique Robinson, Staff Writer & Social Media Coordinator

Ybor City, Fla.–PRETTYMUCH came to Tampa and performed their first ever show in Florida. The band performed at 7:30 at the Ritz in Ybor. This show was a part of their 2018 Funktion tour to perform a lot of their recently released music.

The band’s opener was a relatively new performer named Gunnar Gehl. He is a 17-year-old pop singer who performs covers and has recently begun to post his own music.

He started with his most widely known song Ocean Blue, the song catchy tune that people can sway to as they listen. He also performed one of his released songs that he wrote and produced with Edwin and Brandon from PRETTYMUCH.

He performed two more of his unreleased songs both having upbeat dance vibe. Gunnar ended his set with a medley of songs. He orchestrated the medley through a story of love and heartbreak, he used the songs Life of the Party by Shawn Mendes, Lucid Dreams by Juice Wrld and Lose Yourself by Justin Bieber.

Angelique Robinson
The boys are performing their fan favorite Healthy off of “A PRETTYMUCH EP” which was released earlier this year.

After a short intermission for people to use the restroom and to get drinks or to buy merch, PRETTYMUCH began their set. The boys performed all their released music making sure to keep the crowd moving and involved.

They also performed two unreleased songs that the fans know from pervious concerts. The two songs are called Jello and Mind of Poseidon both are songs that describe aspects of relationships, both getting the crowd to dance and bob along to. They also performed two of their new unreleased song deemed Sauce and Denim on Patrol these songs discuss the amazing qualities in the boys’ ideal girl.

The boys made little skits to transition into fan favorites like their song “Hello.” Each boy introduced themselves in the order of their fandom name with their nicknames and one thing about themselves. They also made a video skit about the power going out and correlated this to their song Open Arms.

Overall the concert was very enjoyable. The music was fun to move, jump and dance along to. Gunnar’s performance caused numerous PRETTYMUCH fans to want to further investigate Gunnar’s music and his life. This also left fans anticipating the band’s return to Tampa.

About the Contributor
Angelique Robinson, Social Media Coordinator & Staff Writer

Angelique Robinson is a junior at Durant and is Social Media Coordinator and Staff Writer for the PawPrint newspaper. She loves writing creative pieces, as well as more serious articles focused on news or politics. Follow Angelique for creative stories, pop culture pieces, politics and news articles. She is also the “voice” of the PawPrint on our Instagram account, Insta: @DHS_pawprint.