Durant High School Journalism

• Class of 2019 Graduation is May 23

• Senior Breakfast is May 20 at DHS

• Senior Exams will be held May 16 & 17

Red Sox Win World Series

Back to Article
Back to Article

Red Sox Win World Series

Christian Vazquez #7 jumps into the arms of Chris Sale #41 of the Boston Red Sox to celebrate their 5-1 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game Five to win the 2018 World Series at Dodger Stadium on October 28, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

Jeff Gross/Getty Images

Jeff Gross/Getty Images

Jeff Gross/Getty Images

Jordan Dabbour, Staff Writer & Social Media Coordinator

The Boston Red Sox have defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series, winning five out of seven games. The Red Sox won the series 4-1.

In game one, Clayton Kershaw was pitching for the Dodgers and the Red Sox had Chris Sale on the mound. The Red Sox went on to win game two 4-2 against the Dodgers. The Dodgers have won three World Series in their history behind in the series 2-0. In game three, the Dodgers would eventually pull one off in a historic game three winning 3-2 in eighteen innings. Eighteen innings is a new MLB record for most innings in a single postseason game.

In game four, the Red Sox took a demanding lead winning game four 9-6 taking a 3-1 series lead with a huge home run from first baseman Steve Pearce. Pearce previously played for the Pirates, Orioles, Astros, Yankees, Rays, Blue Jays, and for the Red Sox. He will become a free agent at the end of the season.

In game five, the Red Sox won their ninth World Series title in their franchise history. After the game, Pearce was named World Series MVP and was very proud of the team and his accomplishment.

The Red Sox will look to win the World Series once again as they have high hopes going into the 2019 MLB season. They will be led by stars like J.D. Martinez, Mookie Betts, Andrew Benintendi, David Price, and Chris Sale.

About the Writer
Jordan Dabbour, Social Media Coordinator & Staff Writer

Jordan Dabbour is a sophomore at Durant High School and is Social Media Coordinator and Staff Writer for the PawPrint newspaper. He is an avid sports fan,...