Durant High School Journalism

• Senior ad deadline extended to this Friday! Visit room 451 for more info

• Attendance incentive for 12/7. Don't miss more than 4 days!

• Swim moves on to City Relays on 10/23. Good luck swimmers!

Lightning Keeps On Striking

Clough, Jason P.

Clough, Jason P.

Jordan Dabbour, Staff Writer & Social Media Coordinator

Tampa Bay, Fla.–The Tampa Bay Lightning are off to a hot start into the 2018-19 National Hockey League season as they have a record of four wins, one loss, and one overtime loss. In their home opener on October 6, 2018, they defeated the Florida Panthers 2-1 in a shootout. They fell behind in their second game of the season as they lost to the Vancouver Canucks 4-1 when they let three goals in the last ten minutes of the third period.

The Lightning struck back with a huge win over the Columbus Blue Jackets defeating the Blue Jackets 8-2. The Lightning had rearranged their lines, moving Yanni Gourde and Brayden Point to the first line with Captain Steven Stamkos. This led to the reunion of the triplet’s line, a line consisting of Ondrej Palat, Tyler Johnson, and Nikita Kucherov who are a dominant line throughout the whole NHL.

They had their offense going once again with a win against the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 with Tyler Johnson getting the hat trick. A hat trick in hockey is whenever a player scores three goals in one game and then fans throw their hats onto the ice.

The Lightning kept striking with another win over the Detroit Red Wings 3-1. They were so close to winning their sixth game of the season but took an overtime loss against the Minnesota Wild 5-4. They came right back and destroyed the Chicago Blackhawks 6-3 with a record of shots in the second period with a total of thirty three shots. They totaled fifty four shots in the game.

The Lightning play Vegas’ Golden Knights tonight, Oct. 26.

About the Writer
Jordan Dabbour, Social Media Coordinator & Staff Writer

Jordan Dabbour is a sophomore at Durant High School and is Social Media Coordinator and Staff Writer for the PawPrint newspaper. He is an avid sports fan, and loves to write articles on local and national sports events – especially about the Tampa Bay Lightning and Tampa Bay Rays. He is also a sports autograph collector, and has over 700 lifetime autographs in his collection! When he is not writing for the PawPrint, Jordan can be found at the rink, as he is the Videographer for the Durant High School Ice Hockey team. Follow Jordan for stories on sports, pop culture stories, and Durant events and high school games. Jordan is also the “voice” of PawPrint on Twitter: @thepawprint_dhs.