Durant High School Journalism

• Senior ad deadline extended to this Friday! Visit room 451 for more info

• Attendance incentive for 12/7. Don't miss more than 4 days!

• Swim moves on to City Relays on 10/23. Good luck swimmers!

Rumor has it that Eight New Characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ‘Leaked’ ahead of time

4chan

4chan

Preston Jones, Business Manager & Staff Writer

Being the newest and biggest game in the franchise to date, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate generated massive amounts of hype across the gaming community. More players are jumping on board with Ultimate as Nintendo continuously shares new information on their hottest 2-D fighting game.

In the latest installment, Nintendo has focused on adding game characters that will appeal to most fan requests. Widely requested characters, such as the Metroid villain “Ridley” and Donkey Kong Country’s villain “King K. Rool” have seen massive talk over the internet after their revealed play-ability in the new game. Popular characters, such as Splatoon’s “Inkling,” Animal Crossing’s “Isabelle” and Castlevania’s “Simon Belmont” have also taken a large amount of positivity from fans. Other characters, characterized as “Echoes” for their particular design borrowing attributes from respective characters, have also received the Ultimate treatment.

This past Wednesday, a 4chan user shared an image of official artwork for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s featuring the game’s entire final character roster. The artwork was later shared onto the original poster’s Snapchat. While the image is fairly blurry enough to cause some difficulty for people to make out the character models in the artwork, multiple 4chan users were able to determine who and where the new unannounced characters appear in the blurred image. Take a look at the outlined image below:

4chan

The leaked characters from left to right appear to be Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Banjo-Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac from Golden Sun, KOS-MOS from Xenoblade, Ken from Street Fighter, Mach Rider from Mach Rider, Geno from the obscure Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven.

To further prove the original image’s authenticity, users have noticed an unreleased image for the upcoming movie, The Grinch, which is expected to hit theaters on November 9th. The unseen artwork of the Grinch appears in the bottom right corner of the original poster’s image.

Without an official confirmation from a Nintendo representative, the current leaked image will remain in speculation by online users until more information is officially given on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. in the future.

About the Writer
Preston Jones, Business Manager

Preston Jones is a senior at Durant High School and is the Business Manager for PawPrint newspaper. He loves to play, write and review all things video games. When he is not maintaining the newspaper’s budget or writing about video games, Preston slays the bass guitar in an alternative rock band called, “The Easy Button.” Follow Preston for stories on video games, music, and local events.